Dr. Brian McGregor is an Adjunct Clinical Assistant Professor in the Department of Psychiatry & Behavioral Sciences at the Morehouse School of Medicine. He is also the owner of McGregor Research & Consulting, LLC which offers a range of clinical consultation, research and program evaluation services, including needs assessment, process and outcome evaluation, with a focus on educational, health, and criminal justice initiatives.
Dr. McGregor earned his bachelor’s degree in Psychology from Morehouse College and completed his master’s and doctorate degrees in Clinical/Community Psychology from the University of South Carolina. He served as a clinician and supervisor of mental health services in correctional facilities in the state of Alabama from 2006 - 2008.
His clinical and community based research and evaluation work examines challenges and innovative solutions to health inequity and social injustice at the intersection of behavioral health and mass incarceration. Dr. McGregor is a frequent public speaker, addressing lay and professional audiences on a variety of issues including self-care, mental health disparities, health equity, cultural competence, racism, and justice reform, He serves on the boards of various local and national organizations, including Physicians for Criminal Justice Reform, where he is a founding member, the Georgia Prevention Project and Foreverfamily, a non-profit organization serving children and families with incarcerated parents.
- BS, Psychology, Morehouse College (1998)
- MS, Clinical/Community Psychology, University of South Carolina (2003)
- PhD, Clinical/Community Psychology, University of South Carolina (2008)
- Health Policy & Leadership Fellowship, Satcher Health Leadership Institute, Morehouse School of Medicine (2009 – 2010)
- Vinson, S.Y., Coffey, T.T., Jackson, N., McMickens, C.L.,McGregor, B., & Leifman, S. (2020). Two systems, one population: achieving equity in mental healthcare for criminal justice and marginalized populations. Psychiatric Clinics, 43(3), 525 – 538.
- McGregor, B., Lil, C., Baltrus, P., Douglas, M., Hopkins, J., Wrenn, G., Holden, K., Respress, E. & Gaglioti, A. (2020). Racial and ethnic disparities in treatment & treatment type for depression in a national sample of medical recipients. Psychiatric Services, 71(7), 663 – 669.